- About Us -
Where we are:
OUR VISION and MISSION
On Oct 2, 1950, the County Commission of the County of Flagler, FL met to introduce a resolution to create a Housing Authority in Flagler County. The Housing Authority was established with 5 appointed board members on Dec. 15, 1950 by then Gov., Fuller Warren. The first meeting was held at the Hotel-residence of Chairman John N. McIntosh in the city of Bunnell.
March 27, 1951, the official location of the Housing Authority office was moved to No 1 South Bay Street, Bunnell, FL.
May 12, 1952 the Flagler County Housing Authority entered into a Preliminary Loan Contract to build the first 32 units of public housing. Building for those initial 32 units began May 22, 1957. December 16, 1966, the second phase of 40 units was completed with an additional 60 units completed by September 1970.
To make Carver Village a place of choice to live and raise a family in Bunnell, Florida.
The Carver Village staff, tenants and community will be working together to develop a safe, orderly, receptive and aesthetically pleasing family environment using both proven and innovative methods, strategies and resources.
"Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success".
- Henry Ford
FCHA Board of Commissioners
Christene Beyrer, Executive Director
Mr. Robert Devereux, Chair
Reverend Frank Giddens Sr.
Mr. Rayfield Gilyard
Mr. William Seeney
Mr. Warnell Williams